I Am Here

I see you struggling
I feel your pain
I see your tears
Falling faster each day.

I truly wish to take it off you
Even if it's just for a day
To have you breathe freely
To lighten your heavy heart.

Oh, that it were possible
I would take it all from you.
I would wear your sackcloth
I would sit in your ashes.

But for some reason, I cannot
So, I will just sit here beside you
I will hold your hand
I will put my arms around you.

I will listen to you
I will cry with you
Here, my shoulder's broad enough
Come rest your tired head on it.

I am here, quiet and undemanding
Void of derision and judgement.
I am here for you, open and steady
Take all you want, dear friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes You Just Dance

Staying Alive, Staying In Love.

Taking Care Of Yourself Is The Best Selfish Thing You Can Do